What is pigmentation?
As we age, you will tend to notice visible brown spots on your face and that is due to overexposure to the sun over the years. With the appropriate pigmentation removal treatment, pigmentation can be lighten and it breaks down melanin in one thousand-millionth of a second with minimal downtime.
Types of hyperpigmentation:
There are several types of hyperpigmentation, the common ones being melasma, sunspots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Melasma is believed to be caused by hormonal changes and may develop during pregnancy. Areas of hyperpigmentation can appear on any area of the body, but they appear most commonly on the stomach and face.
- Also called liver spots or solar lentigines, sunspots are common. They’re related to excess sun exposure over time. Generally, they appear, as spots on areas exposed to the sun, like the hands and face.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. This is a result of injury or inflammation to the skin. A common cause of this type is acne.
Mirage Aesthetic’s Pigmentation treatment uses FDA-approved advance technology that uses bursts of power energy for removal of pigmentation, acne scars, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, freckles, sunburn spots and improves broken capillaries issues. This Pigmentation treatment is more effective compared to other laser treatments, with minimum downtime and no side effects.
What can you expect during you treatment:
• Warm tingling sensation
• Treatment duration within 45min (depending on area)
• Redness or swelling (if any) should subside within the day of the treatment or the day after
How should you take care of your skin after the laser treatment:
• Avoid direct sun contact
• Avoid using exfoliation or scrub
• Be generous with the amount of sun screen you apply
During consultation, our aesthetician will recommend to you the treatment that would suit your skin depending on your pigmentation severity. The various hyperpigmentation disorders on the skin can be generally distinguished with regards to the level of involvement in the skin. Skin hyperpigmentation may occupy the upper layer of the skin (Epidermis), the deeper layer (Dermis), or even both layers!
Benefits of Pigmentation Removal Laser:
- Removal of unwanted pigmentation and other skin problems
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Smoothes skin
Ideal facial to combat problems such as pigmentation, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, freckles, sunburn spots and broken capillaries
Duration: Depends on the area
Other than doing pigmentation treatments as one of the options to remove pigmentation, home care is equally important as well. Home care also includes using sunscreen. Sunscreen is the single most important factor in improving most causes of hyperpigmentation. Use sunscreen daily and reapply it every 2 hours if you’re out in the sun — more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming. Look for:
- a physical blocking sunscreen, preferably with zinc oxide as the main active ingredient
- at least an SPF 30 to 50 and PA+++ to protect against Ultra Violet Rays (UVA & UVB)
- broad spectrum coverage
- Protect yourself with a hat, sunglasses and long sleeve shirts. Use an umbrella and stay in the shade where possible